Monday, March 30, 2009

Trey's Top Ten (Okay, Eight...)

Trey's Top Eight Reasons to Get Out of Bed

8. I need to take my vitamin.
(We really tried to think of everything the first night, but alas we forgot the vitamin.)

7. I'm cold.
(The poor thing usually sleeps in his underwear (his choice), but without his heater father, he was cold.)

6. Mommy, I want to tell you something.
(And I quote, "ah, um". Yea, he had nothing.)

5. I have to go potty.
(We'll give him credit...it was in the middle of the night and he went right back to bed.)

4. Daddy, the time isn't right on my Chevy clock.
(No, the child does not know how to tell time.)

3. I want to read a book. (At 2:30am)
(To which I told him, "Go for it". And he went back to bed and woke up with his Diggers book on the bed.)

2. I want to sleep with yooouuuuu. Tears flowing.

And the number 1 reason Trey uses to get out of bed:

1. Daddy, I can't sleep. Lightning McQueen is staring at me.
(So, Frank went to his room, removed the poster from the wall and turned it around toward the wall.)

He is doing great! He is making it easy on me, for which I am grateful. And he likes that McGwire (the dog) sleeps in his room with him.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love Trevor's top eight. I've been in your shoes. Those big beds really start to get small when you have little ones in them. On the big brother t-shirt try to link to etsy.com below, they have some great shirts.

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=tag_title&search_query=big+brother