Thursday, March 5, 2009

What I needed to hear...

I'm in a valley right now. Don't know why, exactly, but here I am. I met with Barbara yesterday and she asked me some pretty profound questions... How's your relationship with God? Do you think God is stripping you so you depend on Him alone? Why can't you let her go?

Lately, I have felt alone. And I just sit in my loneliness. Waiting for...I don't know what. Am I protecting myself? Protecting Trey? I am an extrovert...it's the way God made me and yet here I sit, by myself, at home for days. And wonder, why.

Then this morning I read Angie Smith's blog and here is an excerpt...referring to God.

Because I have no doubt that His hands, His HUGE hands make the sky and the earth and the planets and the stars and so on and so on.

But is it possible that those same hands can wrap themselves around something as small as a knife? Something so small as my day to day needs? My hurts? My fears and doubts? The situations that seem like nothing to those around me but keep me awake at night?

He can make the waters part. No problem. That makes sense to me. BIG hands. Got it.
He can resurrect His dead Son from a cross. That sounds about right- He is God after all. Logical.
But can He wrap those same hands around the "little things?"


As I sit here today I realize God is sitting waiting for me to ask Him to help me...that's all He wants. And yet I don't give Him the "little" things (by my definition).

Please, go to Angie's blog and read today's post. It will be worth it, I promise.

No comments: