Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"God is NOT happy." ~Barbara

Well, as you can imagine, today was a little rough. Just trying to process it all. I woke up feeling like, "now what do I do?". The case seemed to take up a lot of my thoughts, time, etc. Shouldn't I be calling Sam to find out how it's going? Pursuing justice for Trey...a full-time job.

I had already scheduled an appointment with Barbara (my counselor for those of you who are new) for today. I was looking forward to it, but had a hard time getting up and ready. I knew she would give me great, godly perspective. And, yep, that's what she did.

I told her about the trial, how it was 3 days long. Whew. Then I told her the verdict and saw her disappointment. Her husband is a magistrate, so she knows about the court system. We had talked previously about the possibilities, guilty or not, and I'm sure she was prepared for either.

I told her how I felt like all of the sudden it was done. No justice. Now what do I do? I'm sure God's disappointed, but we did all we could do...

Then, she grabbed her Bible. (I LOVE her!!)

She told me that God is not happy. He wants the TRUTH and the truth did not come out.

Aquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent - the Lord detests them both.
~Proverbs 17:15

I told her how I didn't understand how the defendant has gotten away with so many different things.

If a man pays back evil for good, evil will never leave his house.
~Proverbs 17:13

She said that God is not done with this situation. I then realized I was limiting God. He is NOT done with this situation. Just because this part of it has ended doesn't mean that God is done with it. Now, I need to put it in His hands. His timing is not mine.

Oh, and she broke out the Psalms. I am loving Psalms these days.

Be sure to check out all of Psalm 55. (Wow, was God in our court room? "His speech is smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart." v21.

Here's some of it...

22Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall.

23 But you, O God, will bring down the wicked
into the pit of corruption;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
will not live out half their days.

But as for me, I trust in you.

But as for me, I trust in You.

No comments: