Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Meet Melissa...


Honestly, the sweetest person I have ever met.

Selfless wife, awesome mom, great friend. And she knows that God is in control.

Frank & I met Doug & Melissa their first Sunday at church when they moved to Dayton. We have shared a lot of experiences together, mostly the birth of their three children and our Trey.


Trey, Lauren & Caleb

Audrey


And we share the bond of being doctor's wives.
(Which contrary to popular belief, is no easy task.)

When you live far away from family, friends tend to fill that gap and that's exactly how I'd describe our relationship with the Rexs. We love their kids like neices & nephew and know that they feel the same about Trey. That's a great part of being a part of God's family.

In March of this year, Melissa was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. She is 31 years-old. She is undergoing chemotherapy every three weeks. Four treatments down, two more to go. All tests thus far show that the lymphoma is responding to treatment. Now I can add to the list of her attributes, strongest woman I know.

I just wanted to introduce you to one of the most special people in my life. Please pray for Melissa & her family. Pray that her chemo continues to be effective. Pray that their move out of state would go smoothly as possible. Pray for their little ones, who will grow to be great people because of the parents who raised them.

Check out her blog, authored by her sister, Jenn:

1 comment:

Jenn said...

LOVE the pics of the kids! I couldn't agree with you more about the awesome person she is!!!

Jenn :)