Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Trial

Ugh. Our pre-trial was scheduled for July 23rd (this coming Wednesday). We believe it is being rescheduled once again. (This would be our 4th pre-trial.) I can't believe it. The trial was scheduled for July 31st and it's been scheduled since April. It has to be moved as well.

I feel like I've tried to rise above all of the politics of the justice process. You always hear how bad our court system is, and so I tried to keep a level head. I knew our time would come and was beginning to feel confident that this was it.

On July 18th, it has been exactly 7 months since the abuse of my son occurred. The two bones in his right forearm both fractured and surgery to set one of them, bruising around his neck and other places, terrible marks on his buttocks. Doesn't he deserve justice for what happened to him? In a timely manner? Why does it feel like he is the one who receives the littlest consideration?

I am angry! I haven't felt this way about this situation before now. Was I upset initially? You bet! But I was confident that the system would provide justice. Now, my family continues to be abused over and over again. All while "he" sits on his butt a free man, paying no consequence.

Hotel rooms booked, family requesting time off work, childcare set up for the children, physician's schedules cleared for that day and now must be booked back up. Those things seem menial, but it's our life everyday. Waiting for our time to come.

Will it ever end? We need closure.

Please pray for my family. God sees the big picture and we get only but a glimpse. We are trying to trust Him, knowing that we are in his hands.

4 comments:

cheryl said...

Joce,
While I can sit and try to help you through this ordeal it is impossible for me to do. No one can feel the pain that you, Frank and Trey have been through. Only others who have had loved ones suffer abuse would know. I know how broken you have all been and I am sorry for that. I wish I could fix the problem but I can't. Please know that we care and love you all very deeply and believe that justice will prevail in the end. Someday you will have the peace about what has happened and we all are praying that it will be soon so that you can focus on your future. We love you and know that God knows exactly what is happening. It is easy for others to give that advice because they are not going though the situation but we need to be thankful that Trey is doing better and we know that he is overcoming this ordeal.

Love Ya,

Mom

Wife Goes On said...

I found your blog from Bring the Rain. I just want to offer to you - please don't feel pressured for "closure" that may not come for a long time. "Justice" may not mean to the system what it would mean to you. And that system is incredibly slow, and not always just, and sometimes just plain not fair. But in the end it seems that you do know that our God is in control, and no matter what, he can see the big picture that we can't. I am still angry that my daughter's abuser was let off so easily, while I had to pick up the pieces of our lives, and he got to go on scott free, with the exception of child support. But, I know that God was providing and caring for us then and now. I am choosing to let God have the vengance that is His. I hope that you will find a peace that passes understanding. Even though there are times you may want to never leave the house and feel like you just can't face another day, God will help you. I pray for you and your family, and your precious Trey.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I found you too through bring the rain. I do not know your story and what happened with your son but I do want to offer you my thoughts and prayers. I can understand you want this all behind you and I really hope it comes soon. Peace to you today and for the days to come. I am going to come back to your blog if that is o.k.

T said...

Hey Jocelyn,
Thanks for your post. I'd be happy to keep in touch through email. taraphillips777@yahoo.com
I'll stand by you faithfully in prayer (Romans 12:12 has become my favorite during this time!). I definitely know what it is like to go through this crummy court process. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love and Blessings,
Tara