Friday, July 11, 2008

Overcomer!

Yesterday Trey & I went to a playground. We've been hiding out in the house for a while, so it was definitely time to get out and play. He had such a good time, running around, going down the slides and swinging, and saying hello to the kids he would run past.


Watching him over these past few months, seeing him grow, watching him come out of his shell, has been bitter sweet. He has been through so much since the abuse in December and when I see how much he's overcome, I just thank God for putting his hand on Trey during this time.


People always say, "kids are resilient". I admit it, I've said it too. But NO child should have to overcome abuse. They should not HAVE to be resilient. If you would, say a prayer for Trey today, he is definitely our miracle from God.

1 comment:

That's me in the middle said...

Little Trey!

The cutest kid on the web! Hey great blog Jocelyn! bookmarked it!