Sunday, July 13, 2008

Why "Our Hope Endures"

**This is a blog from my myspace page that I bumped over here for your reading pleasure.**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so the last 4 months of my life have been nearly more than I can bear...seriously, things that you cannot imagine, 4 very significant events in 4 months and then some...

Through trials you learn a lot of things: about yourself and about others. I've learned that we can NEVER know what others are going through unless we ourselves have gone through it. And even then every situation is different.

You find out what your friend's are made of. You find out if they're willing to stand up for what is right no matter the consequences...no matter. You find out who is really there for you, no matter how far away.

I'm finding out what I'm made of. I'm not as tough as I thought I was. I'm finding out that I depend too much on myself and not enough on God.

Abuse of a child & a friend who doesn't believe it, a best friend with 3 little ones who has cancer at 31, loss of a child, loss of an important friendship, loss of innocense, loss of everything you believed to be your future.

I just heard this song this past weekend (at Women of Faith in April).
It seems as though it was written just for me.


Our Hope Endures ~Natalie Grant

You would think only so much can go wrong
Calamity only strikes once
And you assume this one has suffered her share
Life will be kinder from here

Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?

But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged

How do we comprehend peace within pain?
Or joy at a good man's wake?
Walk a mile with the woman whose body is torn
With illness, but she marches on.

Oh, 'cause sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?
But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism

Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged

Emmanuel, God is with us
El Shaddai, all sufficient

We never walk alone
And this is our hope

1 comment:

Val said...

Jocey~I know that I have told you many times I cannot imagine what it is like to be you and go through what you have. It physically hurts my heart whenever I think about what you have gone through knowing how it has affected me. I wish that I could somehow take the pain away from you, Trey and Frank. But instead all I can do is pray to God and ask that He comfort you all and to give you the peace that He is a just God and will take care of it all. I love you and the boys with all my heart and when you hurt so do I. I know that its not ok right now but just know that God will eventually heal your hearts. I love you Val