Friday, August 15, 2008

(Bump) ***God On The Mountain

This blog was originally posted August 13th, but the jib jabs took over. I didn't want anyone to miss it, so I bumped it up to today!

I started this blog for a few reasons, but one of them is so that our families could catch up with us online. Well, my mother-in-law, Rosella, has read some of my posts and sent us a very encouraging letter.

She told us of a book she was reading about Bill Gaither. In the book the song "God On The Mountain" by Tracy Dartt brought me to her mind and she wanted to share it. So, I wanted to share it with you...

God On The Mountain
Tracy Dartt

Life is easy when you're on the mountain
And you've got peace of mind like you've never known
But things change when you're down in the valley
Don't lose faith for you're never alone

For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley
When things go wrong He'll make them right
And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times
The God of the day is still God in the night

You talk of faith way up on the mountain
Talk comes so easy when life's at it's best
Now it's down in the valley's of trials and temptation
That's when your faith is really put to the test

For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley
When things go wrong He'll make them right
And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times
The God of the day is still God in the night

Thanks Rosella for thinking of us and sharing this with us. Thanks for your prayers and we are thankful for you!

When things go wrong He'll make them right...
Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge, I will repay," say the Lord. ~Romans 12:19

PS. I'm learning about forgiveness. Great things! More on that soon...

1 comment:

Robin Lynn said...

Jocelyn,
Feel free to email me anytime:
robinlvillarreal@aol.com even if you have a random law question or need some clarification on something. Like I said I work in Texas not Ohio (I think that is where you are from) but the basics are usually the same. You are a very strong woman. Not sure I would handle this situation with as much grace and strength as you do.
Have a great afternoon!!!
Robin