Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Waiting, waiting...

Patience, not one of my strong suits. Although after 5 years of infertility you would think I would "get it". Well, I am sure my patience has improved since then. And now I've been given another opportunity to develop this virtue.

I've read the book by Stormie Omartian, Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On, probably 4 times in my life. And, just recently, I picked it up again.





Chapter 12 is titled, "Waiting in the Wings". It was so good I had to read it to my dear husband when we went to bed last night. (Which, by the way, he loves it when I do that.) Well, anyway, he felt that I should blog about it. It was THAT good. Hopefully you will get as much from this as we did.

A little back story... Trey was abused in December, and it is now August. Things initially went along quickly and then it seems we came to a stand still. The trial is now set for October! It seemed everything was working against us and we got soo frustrated. I have often called out to God asking not just "why" did this happen to Trey, but "why" is it taking so long to come to completion. It's like torture!! Well, last night we gained some perspective...



Excerpts from the book...

"I've found it's best to view these waiting times by thinking of them as times of waiting on the Lord. Try it. You'll see. It's much easier to think about waiting on God than it is to be patient with your circumstances. Waiting on the Lord gives you the sense that something is going on - only you just can't see it. You are waiting in eager anticipation of what God is going to do next."

WOW!! What perspective! It was like my eyes were opened - I'm waiting on God, nobody else.


Here's more:

"You are always going somewhere in God's plan. And His purpose for you is constantly being realized. But you have to be patient and wait for Him to accomplish it His way and in His time."

Praise God, He is in control! Why do I have to try to control everything? I am not just sitting here in neutral like I've felt I was.


And more:

"If you ever feel like you are just going through the motions in your own life, don't let yourself become frustrated over it. (Is she talking to me??) Know that God's mercies to you are new every morning and as a result, God freshly hears your words spoken to Him as well... Even though you may not see results as soon as you would like, much is happening in the spirit realm that you don't see. Each prayer sets something in motion."

"Patience is not resignation. It's joyful anticipation of the glory that is before you... As you wait for the next scene of your life to begin, center yourself in the Lord, tell Him you are content to wait for His perfect timing, and ask Him to keep you from stumbling into any bad lighting."


A few scripture references:
Isaiah 40:31
Psalm 130:5-6
James 1:2-4 (Struggle with that one)
Lamentations 3:25-26
Psalm 27:14.

Can anyone relate?

No comments: