Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tattoos

I've never really been fond of tattoos. You know, the typical skull & crossbones or butterfly. No real meaning behind them. I've always felt like you stood out more if you DIDN'T have a tattoo. My husband wanted one early in our marriage and I was really against it. I don't know if it was just how I was raised, or just to go against him. :) Hey, I was 19 at the time!


Anyway, I recently had the urge to get a tattoo. I didn't know what I was going to get, but I knew it would have to do with Trey.


So I did a little research and came up with this...




I want to become a part of child abuse prevention...the blue ribbon.

I found a slogan that states Reach Out Against Child Abuse...the hand.

I know that my Trey was and is in God's hand...Trey's name and the hand.


Honestly, I love my tattoo. I got it for me, not anyone else. It's a little therapeutic. It's subtle, it doesn't require detailed explanation. If I want you to know what it means, I can tell you. If I don't, it just represents Trey & I.


Isaiah 49:15-16

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.


Jesus loves me this I know. For the Bible tells me so. He will not forget me or you!

2 comments:

Val said...

Hey Jocey! I am so proud of you for following your heart and doing what you felt you needed to do to represent what you, Frank and Trey are going through. You are a wonderful mother and I know that God sees how much you love Trey to know that you have his name etched in your skin the same as God has done for us. I love you. ~Val

Robin Lynn said...

Just came across your site. I am a paralegal in Texas and I can tell you to trust God in this situation but also trust our legal system. Although it might seem slowed and flawed at times it does work. I have seen it time and time again. Don't give up. You are such a strong woman. Thank you for sharing your story. I am truly sorry for your son's suffering. It breaks my heart.

Robin